Pages

Other Places to Follow

Photobucket

Other Places to Follow

TwitterFacebookYouTubeFeedPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Zora Neale Hurston Festival

Okay I went to the Zora Festival this past weekend. It was a great event, although I wished I could have spent more time perusing the shops and activities and not trying to flee from the pouring rain. Anyway, I saw the Sun of the Sun production with my boyfriend; it was phenomenal. The play touched on soooo many cultural dynamics of our community that I think are still prevalent today.

At the festival I came across some awesome business owners (1) jewelry maker (2) traditional artwork collector and (3) painter. Check out my interviews with each of them below. Also please visit my website http://www.theafrostory.com/ if you know of anyone that would like to have their business reviewed/publicized or have an interest in a cultural ethnography to determine customer behavior. Last but certainly not least...

Stay blessed ladies

0 comments: